Re: [tlug] Remote Backups and Command Line Stuff

Joe wrote:

> Jim wrote:

> >    rsync -aH -e ssh <source> <destination>
>
> I put this at the top of my study list after reading a little about
> rsync and ssh in my book.  Very cool!  I'd love to be able to do that.

The rdiff-backup stuff that Jim Tittsler wrote about looks very attractive.

You will want to learn how to use rsync and ssh separately
and together anyway, so keep studying them.

ssh can do many many things.

Linux.com has many good tutorials on command line stuff.

http://www.linux.com/search.pl?tid=89
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alinux.com+cli+magic

Jim