Re: [tlug] Baby Steps for Command Line

Jim wrote:

> When you see a new command, or you don't understand some option of
> an otherwise familiar command, use the man command and Google to
> find more information about it.

Okay.

> Do you know how to switch from X Windows to a "virtual" console?

Is "Terminal Command line," which is represented by an icon that looks
like a TV on a bar at the top of the screen a virtual console?

I've used that and "Root Terminal" in Debian several times in the last
week, and I have used a terminal many times in Ubuntu (like 20 times
maybe?) to do things like install software, but always just following
the instructions in help screens to the "T."

Joe