Re: [tlug] hardware tool for screwing around with IDE drives.

On 11/27/05, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon <ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:
Ian Wells wrote:

> [Jim] The following tool might help.
>
>    http://www.colug.net/pipermail/colug432/2005-April/000682.html
>    http://www.colug.net/pipermail/colug432/2005-June/000964.html
>     http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site%3Acolug.net+usb+ide
> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site%3Acolug.net+usb+ide >

> I got one of those - with both normal-size and laptop-size connectors
> on the widget itself, and a PSU block for 3.5in drives - for 2,500 yen
> or so.  Some random backstreet shop - iirc it was 2nd floor on the
> opposite side from the station facing the right hand side of the
> railway line.
>
> It's ace.  So ace, in fact, that someone borrowed it and it's now
> 6,000 miles away...

But with the Sobu Line tracks crossing the Yamanote Line tracks, that
leaves a lot of possibilities!  Do you remember which exit it was and
what was next door to the shop, etc?

Not that many.  You go out of the station, turn left/right to the main strip as appropriate (e.g. right if you're facing the shop with the human hamster run on the front), cross the road to where the shop that plays the intensely annoying tape of a woman speaking Chinese and badly accented English -  which is directly under the tracks - then go to the right of that shop, still heading away from the station and along the railway.  (Isn't there an Otto up here somewhere?)  I think it was one of the first shops on the right hand side.

(Hm, I read Josh's weblog the other day where he talked about Japanese directions.  I'm beginning to see his point.)

It's the sort of thing I'd expect to find in several places around there, though.