Re: [tlug] Gold Fever

Jim wrote:

[LHS] But if silver - a cheaper material than gold - is bypassed for gold for contacts, then I think oxidation is an issue?

Oxidation of silver _can_ be an issue. Even when it is, there are plenty of solutions, some including gold plating, many not including gold plating. [Etc.]
[Details (see original)]

The most powerful effect of gold is to tarnish the minds of people with the thought that because it is expensive, that it must be better.

Guilty as charged! And the audio bit - also guilty as charged. I'm afraid I'm more of a mechanic than anything, which has been exposed and brought to my attention - even through my own thick skull!

I'll try not to sound off when I don't know what I'm talking about - ouch!

Lyle