Re: [tlug] Material (Was IBM etc.)

Okay. I'll just put this one thing in and then shut up. This information was pointed out to me:

Material 	Resistivity (ohm metres)
Silver   	1.59 × 10-8
Copper 	        1.7 × 10-8
Gold     	2.44 × 10-8
Aluminium 	2.65 × 10-8
Tungsten 	5.6 × 10-8
Iron    	1 × 10-7
Steel, Stainless 	7.2 × 10-7
Platinum 	1.1 × 10-7
Lead    	2.2 × 10-7

But if silver - a cheaper material than gold - is bypassed for gold for contacts, then I think oxidation is an issue? So maybe it's this - for internal conductivity (according to the above chart), silver is better, but gold's stronger resistance to oxidation makes it a better conductor when external physical contact is the issue?

I don't know.  Just ignore me.  Sorry for wasting your time.

Lyle