Re: [tlug] IBM R30 Laptop Issues

Josh Glover wrote:

Regarding my earlier post:

"Back when I studied electronics in high school in 1977, we were told
that gold was the best conductor (don't they use gold for parts of IC
chips, etc?).  Anyway - about aluminum.  The thing that occurred to me
is that while I know it's a good conductor, I seem to remember something
about it easily oxidizing and the coating of oxidation can in fact make
it a bad conductor (by surface contact, not internally), so you may have
been on the right track after all...."

I've just been informed that I'm wrong, so I apologize for posting bad information then. What I learned before may have been within the context of practical materials and not an absolute theoretical issue.....

Sorry-sorry-sorry. I'll try to shut up and sit quietly in the corner just observing....

Lyle