Re: [tlug] IBM R30 Laptop Issues (Alumi....)

Ian Wells wrote:

Oh, and you seem to be consistently mis-spelling "aluminium".  HTH ;-)

Ha-ha! That is one word I can't say in English! I can say it in American, but looking at the... um... okay - I'll just say "correct" spelling (England, English - it's yours, so what can I say?) of aluminium, finally I see how it's pronounced. And all my life, I've been seeing and hearing it mainly as aluminum. There's an explanation of it all here:
http://www.worldwidewords.org/articles/aluminium.htm

Lyle

PS - I usually tell my local friends that I don't care which one, but I do wish there was one main standard version of English. Oh well...