Re: [tlug] IBM R30 Laptop Issues

On 11/25/05, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> Specifically, metal that is not aluminum, which does not conduct so well.

With foot securely in mouth, I now present some data which will prove
beyond a reasonable doubt that I am an idiot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminum#Household_wiring
http://hypertextbook.com/physics/electricity/resistance/

To wit: aluminum is the third- or forth-best conductor of electricity
of all the metals (there seems to be some confusion over whether gold
is a better conductor; several resources say that it is, others say
that it ain't).

-Josh "the mightily chagrined" Glover