Re: [tlug] hardware tool for screwing around with IDE drives.

Ian Wells wrote:

    But with the Sobu Line tracks crossing the Yamanote Line tracks, that
    leaves a lot of possibilities!  Do you remember which exit it was and
    what was next door to the shop, etc?

Not that many. You go out of the station, turn left/right to the main strip as appropriate (e.g. right if you're facing the shop with the human hamster run on the front), cross the road to where the shop that plays the intensely annoying tape of a woman speaking Chinese and badly accented English - which is directly under the tracks - then go to the right of that shop, still heading away from the station and along the railway. (Isn't there an Otto up here somewhere?) I think it was one of the first shops on the right hand side.

First, thunderous applause for this part:
"... cross the road to where the shop that plays the intensely annoying
tape of a woman speaking Chinese and badly accented English"

Some say that humor is nothing more nor less than shared experiences -
and that's one I've had many a time.  I'd be standing there waiting for
the light to change and... what is it the announcement says? "Thank you
for your coming" isn't it?  It makes me want to say "None your
business!  I don't even know you!"  (Ho-Ho)

Anyway, that fixed the spot for me very clearly.  As for the Otto shop,
the only one I go to is the one behind where the Tokyo-Mitsubishi Bank
used to be - on "Used Alley" (my name).  I've said too many times how I
used to work near there and wander through the area almost every day.
You never knew what you would find.  There was a huge box of J-pop CD's
once - for free!  I took as many as I could stuff into my bag, and some
of them weren't so bad.  The best used computer deal was probably the
machine I'm writing this with - a Dell OptiPlex P-III 450MHz that I
picked up for Y2,000 (no missing zero there), which only needed a hard
drive and more memory to bring it up to speed.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find the place - thanks for the additional
details, the announcement detail rang bells, whistles, kazoos, etc.

Lyle