Re: [tlug] IBM R30 Laptop Issues

Mark Sargent <powderkeg@example.com> wrote:

> IBM Thinkpad laptops lock the hard drive
> as well as the BIOS when the supervisor password is set.

The hard drive locking is probably not a function of the hard drive,
but of the BIOS expecting certain data at certain locations on the
hard drive.

If you wipe the BIOS settings and can not access the hard drive
in the laptop, move the laptop hard drive to a normal desktop,
backup the laptop hard drive, then wipe it. I would expect a
wiped drive to work with the laptop. If not, restore the drive
image from the backup.