Re: [tlug] Japanese Encoding / 9.1-9.3 Upgrade

Steve Smith wrote:

>Lyle -- you don't mention it and I haven't gotten there yet,
>but when you say "japanese input is working" is it to
>everything or just mlterm & xterm or what??

It's working in the handful of things I've tried it with - Mozilla,
OpnOf, a text editor.....

Incidentally, the mouse problem I had vanished today - a temporary
glitch it seems.  The floppy works via Konqueror (File Explorer isn't
necessary).

Lyle

PS  A hardware note.  Some time back I wrote of memory troubles with one
machine, and after losing two boards in the same machine, I thought
maybe the machine was eating them, but after replacing them with a pair
of used 256's from another manufacturer, it's working fine, and the
memory swap also cleared up the BIOS problem where I had to reset the
computer once when booting it up to clear a "keyboard failure" error
message.  I've also had compatibility problems with that memory in some
other machines.  Based on that, I would wonder if there is something
wrong with Apacer memory.  Any experiences with it out there?