[tlug] Setting a Backup Command

Another real beginner's question:

I have a backup that I want to run daily, that goes something like this

$ tar cvzf /mnt/win_d/docs/e-mail/evolution/evol.tar.gz
/home/chuck/evolution

I would like to save this in a file that I can run as a command, like a
BAT file in DOS. I assume then, that I would save this script in a text
file. Then, what else should I do, in terms of naming, or other
preparation, to have this file available as a command?

I have been going through some Linux books, and I get the general idea,
but I am not sure exactly how to go about this.

Thanks,

Chuck