Re: [tlug] Using TAR

I know that, but don't forget the fact that directorys like /lib can
grow in size. And he is got /sbin and /boot in / as well (accroding to
his partition style). For argument's sake you can install those "after"
softwares into /usr/bin or /usr/lib, etc. as well. But any reasonable
system admin. won't let himself to be in that kinda of mess (always have
"at least" 20%-30% of free space on a partition.)

I'm not trying to jump on Chris, I only try to point out where I think
is incorrect.

 > that link /lib, and /bin to /usr/lib, and /usr/bin respectively are
 > not doing the 'right thing'(TM).
Wrong, that is the style that most unix systems use. Take a look at any
solaris box and you will see that.