Re: [tlug] Using TAR

There is nothing "classic" about his partition style, if you don't
believe me; ask anybody that has been a sys admin since the 80s or
earily 90s.

> I agree. Chris even prefaced his remark with "classic UNIX setup" or
> some such tag. I was simply pointing out the differences between Classic
> UNIX(tm) and Modern Linux RedDrake(tm) partitioning methods. If you run
> RedDrake, you *have* to either conform to "RedHat/Mandrake excesses" or
> be a bit clever with your symlinking. ;) I agree with Chris in saying
> that the wise UNIX lords of times past were better than the modern
> RedDrake guys (who are after market share, to some extent, so they
> compromise a little to the ease-of-understanding (*cough* Windows
> *cough*) end of the spectrum) in general. However, when Joe User asks
> about RedDrake in specific, I'll give him the specific to RedDrake
> partitioning scheme.
>
> [And then roy lo said]
>
>  > Apparently, you(chris) forgot the fact that /lib and /bin are NOT links
>  > from /usr in linux. (For those of you didn't know; in Unix systems such
>  > as Solaris, that /bin -> /usr/bin and /lib -> /usr/lib). So, your
>  > suggested 64mb is going to have problem (in a linux standard
>  > installation per say)

Sure, and what makes you to judge me? Do you know more unix than I am?
(if you are trying to bring the cerfications crap to me, don't even try
'cause I got them as well)
I'm not a likable person. but it is "un"professional to discredit
someone in this way. I never say I know everything. And I always support
my arguments with reasonable knowledge or source. If I make a mistake I
accept quickly. I don't see many of you do that. Neverless, so far I'm
the only person that is willing to say the word "sorry" and accept my
mistakes (that I have see so far in this group).