Re: [tlug] Using TAR

>>>>> "roy" == roy lo <roylo@example.com> writes:

    roy> but can you ppl. fucking read???

Yes, but my wife objects.  I either fuck or read, but not both at the
same time.  Common courtesy, you know.  Or do you?

    roy> I say it is going to have problem.

I've been running with a little more than 1MB free in / on another
Linux box for _3 years_.  No problem, except when I accidentally
trashed the /tmp line in /etc/fstab.  Now I have vim in /bin and only
700kB free.  Still no problems.  (Admittedly, I'd be hosed if I tried
to upgrade a kernel from a Debian .deb.)

    roy> I don't think you need me to explain why that is bad. do you?

I would, if I had any reason to think it would cause a problem.
Anyway, if it does, I've got a mirrored partition (actually on the
other hard drive).  At 16MB a pop, I can afford a few more, actually.