Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] Buy-in
- Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:53:28 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] Buy-in
- References: <CACvCDga9yVinZ3HhdiwOs4oPHVKXyZKyQFJUMonLLA9iTLh4kQ@mail.gmail.com> <CABHGxq5QtwJy27DJcZoNZ4OM6NC5Cc+Ut-vDatybMp17f8_bMw@mail.gmail.com> <CACvCDgYFOOpoj+uzEUskmhcNgVi0pRPovPwb4ccHcLjAw7jhvg@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1337032458.4784.140661075513165.7D4D6803@webmail.messagingengine.com>
David J Iannucci writes: > I would put the meaning somewhere between agreement (納得) and > committment. There's some degree of committment in "buy-in", I think, > but perhaps only to the extent of willingness to defend the decision, > but not *necessarily* to the extent of actually doing anything :-) To me it would depend on context. But I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say "buy-in" requires willingness to defend the decision, only to promise to not actively resist its implementation.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] Buy-in
- Next by Date: [Lingo] Which kanji is correct?
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] Buy-in
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] Buy-in
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links