Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:20:26 +0900
- From: "Josh Glover" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
- References: <4698D6B8.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 15/07/07, Kim Ahlström <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
You can do this with jisho.org by using wildcards: http://jisho.org/words/?jap=*化&eng=&dict=edict&common=on
Uh-oh, Jim. A serious contender to WWWJDIC has emerged! ;)
Actually, serious question: Do you consider WWWJDIC a reference implementation for the EDICT data files, or is your goal really to provide serious usability?
I know Kim's stuff (jisho.org) is written in Perl (Catalyst, right Kim?), but maybe you guys could share some interface design tips; I know Kim is using some AJAX to cool effect for multi-radical kanji lookup.
"?化" will find two-kanji compounds with 化 in the final position.
Hrm, I think "??化" (I assume that is supported, right?) would be even more useful, as many of the 何と化 (sorry) compounds that I have seen tend to be a two-kanji 漢語 word followed by 化.
But "*化" is probably the way to go, anyway, as it will catch anything ending in 化.
-- Cheers, Josh
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links