Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:53:07 +0900
- From: "Kim Ahlström" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
- References: <4698D6B8.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
07/07/15 に steven smith<firstname.lastname@example.org> さんは書きました:
um -- this finds word at front or anywhere. I should be able to just sort, create a hash based on last char if it's kanji and get a nicely ordered list. When I get the spare time of course :) It goes along with some other stuff I'm playing with anyway.
You can do this with jisho.org by using wildcards: http://jisho.org/words/?jap=*化&eng=&dict=edict&common=on
* means zero or more characters ? means one character
"化" - This is the default. It is turned into "化*" at the server and so searches for words with 化 in the initial position. "*化*" would find 化 anywhere in a word. "*化" as above, will find words with 化 in the final position. "?化" will find two-kanji compounds with 化 in the final position.
Hope that helps.
-- Regards, Kim Ahlström
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links