Re: [Lingo] Re: Archives should now handle 日本語、English, и Бьлгарски / Русский

On 02/07/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
On 02/07/07, steven smith <sjs@example.com> wrote:

> A few years back I saw Damian Conway give a presentation in
> which he had a program written in Klingon using the Linga
> Perl Module.

Damian Conway[1] is a computing demi-god; he does not make the first
team with the likes of Knuth[2], Chomsky[3], and Admiral Grace
Hopper[4], but he can come off the bench to pinch hit and absolutely
slam one out of the park:

Damian and I were colleagues for many years. We fled from academia around the same time. He effectively was bought out of his day job by the Perl community. [*]

[* Me, I was old enough to live on my pension (in many jobs in Oz
you can retire once you reach 55, with your pension being a function of
how much has been paid into the system and your life expectency.)]

Jim
--
Jim Breen
Honorary Senior Research Fellow