Re: [Lingo] Correct particle to use

On 20/06/07, David J Iannucci <jlinux@example.com> wrote:

I've met J who can and mostly do speak their language in a perfectly
straightforward and unambiguous way, and I've met others who habitually
indulge themselves in the opposite direction to the point where even my
(native-speaking) wife - herself definitely on the more-ambiguous end of
the spectrum - is left with her head spinning.  Then I say to her "now
you know how it feels" :-)

Mauro has noticed that a lot of Japanese instruction manuals are hard to follow for Japanese people due to the lack of contextual clues typically garnered from body language, &c.

I think the theory to be extrapolated from this is that Japanese are
not good at reading things that belong to groups of things that they
do not often read.

--
Cheers,
Josh