[Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 12:28:46PM +0900, Josh Glover wrote:
> To: Natural language discussion <lingo@example.com>
> Further replies-to-all will not go to TLUG, as the BCC is invisible to
> you.

lol, I guess the list adds a Reply-To itself when delivering :)

> >Now, some speech groups are highly protective of their languages, and
> >reject all outside influence, including loanwords.  But we know this is
> >not true of the Japanese :-)
>
> This is a little odd, given how proud the Japanese are of their languages.

Now, this is just a newbie point of view, but it doesn't look the
Japanese are all that protective. Cfr. the *Chinese* characters a.k.a
kanji, all this englishu you hear all around (ライス, バイバイ, ...),
I'm also sure there are French-derived words, etc.
It actually looks like they import a lot from foreign languages.

> And by "some speech groups", you mean the French; admit it! ;)

Thats what I thought as well :)
--
mattia
:wq!