Re: tlug: Ghostscript/VFlib not finding font

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 04:28:30PM +0900, Matt Gushee wrote:

>  > I don't think you're likely to come across Japanese PostScript documents
>  > that call on the Wadalab fonts directly.
>
> Oh, yeah? :P
> Every PS doc that I've created with NTT-JTeX calls for them.

<manga-speak>
GIKU!
</manga-speak>

I stand corrected (again).

> But I'm getting the impression NTT-JTeX is not used too much these days. So
> I'm reassured, despite the sarcasm. Thanks.

But if you look into the PostScript file and figure out what name is used
for the font, you should be able to alias it in kconfig.ps to min and
goth, so that you don't need to keep the Wadalab fonts around anymore.  As
far as I know, Japanese Postscript fonts consist entirely of square
blocks, so they're pretty much interchangeable.  That's why the early
versions of VFlib could _only_ cope with _kanji/kana_ TrueType fonts,
because processing them is so straightforward.

I'm curious now.  Can you send me privately a copy of Postscript output
from your NTT-JTeX system?

Cheers,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691