Re: tlug: Ghostscript/VFlib not finding font

On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 06:54:14PM +0900, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

> Your postscript should have some setfont postscript operators that are
> trying to select some Japanese font. Your mission, should you decide
> to accept it, is to dive head first into the postscript and figure out
> what fonts its looking for.

This info is contained in kconfig.ps, in the VFlib or kanji subdirectory
of your ghostscript data directory, whereever that happens to be located.

The entry looks like this:

/Ryumin-Light           4300000 (min)   VFlibkanji
/GothicBBB-Medium       4300200 (goth)  VFlibkanji

"min" and "goth" are the alias names it will look for.  So you just leave
this alone, and edit the entries in vfontcap.  The problem is that
your system might be looking for vfontcap in lots of different locations.
I used to have a system that kept it in /usr/local/lib/texmf/vfontcap.
"locate" is a good thing to try before starting work: delete all but one
of these to avoid confusion, figure out where it belongs and leave it
there.

> The wadalab fonts are postscript, so VFLib does not apply, I
> think. For that you would have to muck around with the Fontmap file.

But pointing VFlib at the Wadalab fonts worked, according to Matt?

Cheers,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691