Re: [tlug] Input methods - again!

On 2023年09月25日 15:30, the silly Darren Cook claimed to have said:
> The one I still have trouble with is Linux Skype app: if I type e.g. あ then
> press enter to accept it, it submits the message (without あ). Only single
> characters have the problem. E.g. テスト  (tesuto-space-enter) works fine.

On my end, none the Electron garbage works, and so does Chromium.
Which makes sense, because all Electron is, is a Chromium instance
locked into only 1 website.

> Mac seems to send compositionupdate events for every physical keypress,

That sounds very wasteful to the hardware.(もったいないなぁー)

The other one I need to add is Dino.
Unlike the proprietary spyware like Skype or WhatsApp, Dino is actually
a proper native GTK program, and IME on that one was rather wacky since
the devs migrated from GTK 3 to GTK 4.
However, that issue got fixed as of version 0.4.3.

The reason why it might be relevant is because a lot of you use Ubuntu
or Debian, which always tend to come with outdated software all the
time.

--
lain.

Did you know that?
90% of all emails sent on a daily basis are being sent in plain text, and it's super easy to intercept emails as they flow over the internet?
Never send passwords, tokens, personal information, or other volunerable information without proper PGP encryption!

If you're writing your emails unencrypted, please consider sending PGP encrypted emails for security reasons.
You can find my PGP public key at: https://fair.moe/lain.asc

Every good email client is able to send encrypted emails.
If yours can't, then you should consider switching to a secure email client, because yours just sucks.

My recommendations are Claws Mail or NeoMutt.
For instructions on how to encrypt your emails:
https://unixsheikh.com/tutorials/gnupg-tutorial.html