Re: [tlug] Input methods - again!

Hi David,
Missed the original mail then, here is a quick glance at one of my Gentoo boxes:
------
[I] app-i18n/anthy (9100h-r3{tbz2}@2023-08-11): Anthy -- free and
secure Japanese input system
[I] app-i18n/nkf (2.1.5-r1{tbz2}@2023-09-12): Network Kanji code
conversion Filter with UTF-8/16 support
[I] app-i18n/scim (1.4.18{tbz2}@2023-08-12): Smart Common Input Method
(SCIM) is an Input Method (IM) development platform
[I] app-i18n/scim-anthy (1.2.7-r1{tbz2}@2023-08-12): Japanese input
method Anthy IMEngine for SCIM
[I] app-i18n/scim-tables (0.5.13{tbz2}@2023-08-12): Smart Common Input
Method (SCIM) Generic Table Input Method Server
[I] app-i18n/uchardet (0.0.7{tbz2}@2023-08-11): An encoding detector library
Found 6 matches
GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM
QT_IM_MODULE=scim
LANG='ja_JP.UTF-8' scim -d
------
Ping me directly if you need help with any of this, but I have been
using this setup fine in the last ~20 years. I need to type Cyrillic
(Bulgarian/Russian) on top of that and recently German, so this is
really stretching it, but "one day I'll fix it" (tm). Also don't
forget to add some fonts, if you are seeing squares...

The only obvious thing not working with it is starting to type in
Japanese in the WhatsApp Web app (last 3+ years) in Firefox. The
workaround is to type a space, then whatever you need.

Cheers,
Kalin.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index