Re: [tlug] Why Wayland?

Yasuaki Kudo writes:

 > What is even more, X11 doesn't work properly for my AMD graphics
 > card (I am sure one can find the correct configuration but I never
 > bothered ?)

I wonder why ...

 > (I like the fact AMD works right out of the box with proprietary
 > firmware and driver bundled with Linux kernel

Ah, *that*! ;-)  (BTW, I think rms -- not to forget lots of other
GNUbies -- is still burned about that exception.)

But misconfiguration can happen to any software, especially with
proprietary products that only work well with the vendor's drivers.
My question was technically what does Wayland do better than X11?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index