Re: [tlug] [RESOLVED] Re: What's the easiest way to edit EUC-JP files on a remote server from an

Been busy, catching up....

eizietheez@example.com writes:

 > Oh! This is a somewhat different issue. Now I wonder if openssh can
 > transparently convert encodings for us...

Not at present, and if it tries to I will be very upset.  OpenSSH is
already extremely complicated and depends on OpenSSL which is also
very complicated.  Converting encodings would add attack surface to
the application, which already has a bull's-eye painted on in.

Steve

Home | Main Index | Thread Index