Re: [tlug] [RESOLVED] Re: What's the easiest way to edit EUC-JP files on a remote server from an Ubun

I'm a bit confused why you have to mess around with different virtual
terminals. Is there any reason the `fileencodings' setting doesn't work for
you?

    $ vim --cmd 'set fileencodings=euc-jp' euc-jp-encoded-file.txt

That should Just Work TM in most cases. In fact, if this does work for you, the
following in your .vimrc should let you transparently edit EUC-JP files any
time you encounter one:

    set fileencodings=utf8,euc-jp

Am I missing something important?