Re: [tlug] From an enthusiast TLUG follower

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 at 14:59, Stuart Luppescu <lupp@example.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2020-08-28 at 13:16 +0900, Chris wrote:
> What was your plan?  To gaijin-smash your way through immigration
> because you're special?  White privilege must take precedence over
> emergency health measures?

On the day I was refused entry, I was the only person forced to take
the next plane out. There were a lot of other people from other
countries who were let right in. They appeared to be from South Asia
and Southeast Asia. That's the opposite of white privilege.

I don't think privilege has anything to do with this at all.

No country should ever deny entry to somebody who has residency status.

If there is a health emergency, the resident can be sent into quarantine like any citizen would.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index