Re: [tlug] From an enthusiast TLUG follower

First thanks all for your replying. I really appreciate it.
I would like to say my university has collaboration programs with the University of Tokyo, I was thinking maybe I can ask my professor if he has contact with Tokyo University.
The situation is complicated also due to covid-19 cases now, I don't know how is the situation in Japan and what is their law about people incoming for internships programs inside Japan. But I guess it is not that easy especially nowadays.
Anyway I will try to send emails to some companies there in Japan and ask them how the situation is for internships and how I can apply for it (if possible).

I have also another question, I have intention to start my thesis and the main topic is about the Race conditions vulnerabilities and how to exploit them in Linux systems, do you know if there are books that talk about this specific topic?
I am already studying from my OS book university but don't know if it is enough, I would also like to study something more specific related to race conditions vulnerabilities. Do you know about any book / pdf / resource that can help me in this way?
Thank you.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 2:48 AM Christian Horn <chorn@example.com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 08:24:53AM +0800, Raymond Wan wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 8:02 AM Christian Horn <chorn@example.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 12:58:39AM +0200, Matteo G wrote:
> > > [..]
> > > Here is my point: I would like to take an internship (as part of my
> > > graduation program) in a foreign country and I would really like to do it
> > > in Japan.
> > > [..]
> > Has someone a guess which percentage of the relevant IT copanies
> > in Japan are at the momen 100% remote work?
> > I know that's the case for Google and Red Hat, but not sure about
> > classic Japanese companies.
> > For intern ship in companies which are 100% remote work, I guess that
> > it does not matter much then in which country you apply for the intern-
> > ship.
>
> I wonder if some kind of visa is still required?  [..]

Right, I was only looking at the technical side.
So if one sits at a computer in Europe and works as an intern at
a European company which is completely "telework", vs. sitting at
a computer and working at a Japanese company which is completely
telework, this is what I had in mind.

Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index