Re: [tlug] From an enthusiast TLUG follower

On 28 Aug 2020, at 14:47, Stuart Luppescu wrote:

On the day I was refused entry, I was the only person forced to take
the next plane out. There were a lot of other people from other
countries who were let right in. They appeared to be from South Asia
and Southeast Asia. That's the opposite of white privilege.

Oh my. The American on the flight, who left after the announced re-entry cutoff, was denied entry. Others, who also all left Japan to sell their houses, were all let in. All of them. You checked with every single one before you were deported.

Japanese immigration was so very clearly unfair (and, dare I say it, racist, because only the Caucasian was turned away) to you. That completely absolves you of all responsibility for the situation. Perhaps you should contact Amnesty International ... they might have been only one step away from putting you in the Gaijin Gulag under Narita!

/me walks away shaking my head

-- Chris
GPG key fingerprint D792 2FCA F2E8 41E2 DC8F 0A97 0167 5643 D40A B4BD