Re: [tlug] Can't activate shared folders in Ubuntu 20.04 on VMware in Windows

On 8/27/2020 2:59 PM, Charles Muller wrote:

I've been running Ubuntu on VMware Workstation Player (currently 15.5) on a Windows machine for more than ten years now, and have never had any problem setting up and enabling the shared folders to access my Windows drives. But I recently installed Ubuntu 20.04, and I can't get the folders to display under /mnt/hgfs the way they usually do. All the documentation on the VMware site just gives general setup instructions which I've already followed.

OK, solved.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/60262

Regards,

Chuck

vmware-tools is installed and running.

One person offered this temporary fix, which works on one setup:

sudo vmhgfs-fuse .host:/ /mnt/hgfs/ -o allow_other -o uid=1000

This will start the shared folders, but then I would need to run this on startup each time.

Has anyone else run into this?

Regards,

Chuck

---------------------------