Re: [tlug] keyboard behavior changed

>>> May I ask why don't you consider using another distribution like Ubuntu?

>> Yet, I feel most comfortable with Mint ...

Mint and ubuntu are almost identical under the surface; any tips you
find on AskUbuntu.com, for instance, will almost certainly apply.

(I have only personally used Mint xfce and Xubuntu, so they have the
same UI; if your question was specific to e.g. the Mint Cinnamon icons,
then obviously Ubuntu answers won't be much use.)

Just skimming back through this thread, it sounds like some
configuration might have gone weird. One way to test that theory is to
add a new user, login as them, and see if everything works.

Darren