Re: [tlug] BIOS / Video Problems

Hi CL,

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 5:34 PM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
ARGH!  This may be a clue ...

The not very much working machine (hereinafter Machine Two) was upgraded to Lubuntu 17.10.  After the fire, the front of the case had water run down it and I had video fail after drying the machine out for almost a month.  Believing the issue was water damage, I bought a new case, mobo, and vid card with zero luck on fixing the video issue.  The problem came to my main machine (Machine One) after I tried out the SSD (which was booting Lubuntu 17.10) on my Debian machine and may  have accidentally started to reboot Lubuntu instead of shutting down to remove said SSD.  I have been wondering whether there might have had something video killing in the code.  The second motherboard has a UEFI BIOS (first machine mobo doesn't) but neither has proper video driving a video card.  Machine One (ASRock mobo) has onboard video, Machine Two (ASUS mobo)does not.  Video cards work on neither.

Any suggestions?  I am reading, but it isn't sinking in quickly.

Oh, sorry then...I guess I misread your past messages as all along, I thought you were using just Debian.

The bug didn't affect me so I haven't tried this, but according to the bug report, there are steps to fix it, provided you can boot into the OS and get shell access of some sort.  It seems to require trying various kernels.  Perhaps you can see if it's for you?  The steps to fix it are now at the very top of this page:

I don't know if there's any other information out there that is more reliable than this.  I hope this helps!

Ray