Re: [tlug] The TLUG / Gmail Adventure

On Dec 17, 2017, at 08:38, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

I am thinking about simultaneously virtualizing and upgrading my Debian version from 8.* to 9.* based solely on the transitive theory of newest and shininess.

If anyone has reasons not to do so, warnings will be gratefully received.

I don’t virtualize, but do run Debian 8 and was thinking of upgrading to 9 as well. One thing holding me back -for now- is my websites are running, nicely, with MySQL, and Debian 9 will upgrade to Mariadb and I fear the normal (for me) chaos and gnashing of teeth to get it all smoothed out again.
Seems a rather daunting list of things to check first, what to backup, in case of failure, etc.

Do let us know how it goes, oh brave pioneer… ;)

Regards,
Kevin Sullivan

JP M: +81456702373
USA M: +17853184287