Re: [tlug] Google Apps for Work

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 02:12:05PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On 2016-05-12 05:45 +0200 (Thu), Christian Horn wrote:
>
> > I can also imagine this less for sourcecode editing.
> > Yet in a distributed team, when you are discussing an issue
> > in a phone conference, beeing able to commonly modify a text-
> > file at the same time is quite valuable.
>
> It's also valuable to be able to compile the file and both see the error
> messages, run your tests and see the results, and so on. [..]

I just imagined someone running automated build and functionality
tests upon each commit.  Might be undesired if for synchronization
each single character change gets committed..
If one then removes a single character, that gets committed and
happens to be part of an OpenStack distribution, it could trigger
all OpenStack packages beeing built and rolled out onto test-
systems.. for each single modified (and committed) character :)

> Gnu screen [..]

Indeed, ok for some cases.  I also used shared VNC like a
whiteboard.

Chris