Re: [tlug] Google Apps for Work

Christian Horn writes:

 > Yes, but additionally seeing changes of others onthefly is nice.

I'm with Curt on this one.  I've worked on systems where you can see
other people's changes happening as you work, and it's a pain for me.
Partly it's a distraction -- a cut-and-paste can take your own point
out of the window (at least on one realtime wiki it happened to me).
And it can be embarrassing if you're in the habit of writing 4-letter
words in your drafts and then removing them for publication, as I was
once privileged to watch. :-)  Finally, I might be about the worst as
far as distraction goes.  I often write several lines, stare at them
(or into space) for some minutes, write a completely revised version
of the same idea, stare some more, delete the one I don't like, then
tweak the one that remains.  I'd probably go nuts if I had to share a
page with myself!

Steve