Re: [tlug] Oops, what a waste of a good cup of tea

> Thanks. Someone sent me a Yahoo auctions link, off-list, for replacement
> keyboards, so I'll give that a try.

I still haven't managed to get a replacement. I went to buy, in fact put
in a bid, then they disappeared, account deleted. And all the listings
disappeared. But now it looks like they are back [1]. Same range of
price points, and two sellers again.

It smells of scam, but under 評価 they have 99% positive out of 1936
votes. And the second guy is 98.8% out of 1280 votes. That sounds real.
Unless they use a large botnet... but surely Yahoo Auctions has checks
in to flag up that kind of abuse?

I have never really used Yahoo Auctions, and it is complicated further
by needing it shipped to the U.K. Any advice? E.g. would going through
buyee.jp give me extra protection (I am thinking if they have to ship it
on to me and nothing turns up, is it easier to get a refund?)

Darren

[1]:
http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=thinkpad+E540+%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89&auccat=&aq=-1&oq=&ei=UTF-8&slider=0&tab_ex=commerce