Re: [tlug] Oops, what a waste of a good cup of tea

On 18 October 2014 20:05, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
>> If the cable is messed up, the best solution is to replace the
>> keyboard. Fixing the cables themselves is difficult,
>
> Thanks. Someone sent me a Yahoo auctions link, off-list, for replacement
> keyboards, so I'll give that a try.

Good luck. I had no trouble sourcing a replacement keyboard for
my 5-yo Compaq CQ61 after the Great Coffee Spill. I even found a
YouTube video of how to do the changeover.

I'm surprised that Lenovo parts are hard(er) to get. With the Compaq
I think there were many models using the same keyboard (makes
sense.)

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University