Re: [tlug] Oops, what a waste of a good cup of tea

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 22:01:36 +0100, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

> Actually the notebook keyboard might be fixable, as I see a suspicious
> bend mark in the ribbon cable, ...

Those cables are usually frail.
The less you mess with them, the better off you are.
If the cable is messed up, the best solution is to replace the
keyboard. Fixing the cables themselves is difficult,
and typically never as good as the original,
typically yielding an even frailer cable.

Best replace the keyboard and be gentle with those cables.

> (The middle row (QWERTY...), and a few other odd keys are not working; ...

Those kinds of symptoms would be consistent with a bad cable.
HOWEVER, there are other possible causes that would yield
same symptoms.