Re: [tlug] Oops, what a waste of a good cup of tea

On 2014-10-19 06:47 +0900 (Sun), Edward Middleton wrote:

> I was going to replace the keyboard until I read about them being
> washable.  I can't find the reference now but they actually have maximum
> water flow rates listed.

My guess would be that that's the water flow rate through the keyboard
and out the vents at the bottom. (All those little holes with a keyboard
icon beside them on the bottom of your laptop are the exit vents for
water.) I expect if that's exceeded, overflow risks getting in to the
electronics.

There's some strange stuff in the IBM documentation. My favourite, from
page 5 of IBM's _ThinkPad Computer Maintenance Manual_ for the T42_[1]
is:

    Verify this by shaking the computer and listening for rattling sounds.

[1]: ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/39t6192_01.pdf

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.