Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 10.04 - kernel update snafu

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:
> Having said that, libQtSolutions_SingleApplication-head.so.1 is a
> mystery.  I tried looking for it, and even Google only came up with a
> handful of hits -- nothing substantial.  A partial search gives:
>
> $ sudo apt-file search libQtSolutions
> libqtsolutions-soap-2.7-1: /usr/lib/libQtSolutions_SOAP-2.7.so.1
> libqtsolutions-soap-2.7-1: /usr/lib/libQtSolutions_SOAP-2.7.so.1.0
> libqtsolutions-soap-2.7-1: /usr/lib/libQtSolutions_SOAP-2.7.so.1.0.0

Dug around a bit more and have found others with your problem.
According to them, QtSingleApplication seems to be a library that is
outside the official Qt library (well, at least, back when the
discussion was going on).  Someone actually suggested to download the
source and compile.  i.e.,
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/9611/

...I think if doing an apt-file on 10.04 doesn't turn something up,
try running the program and see if the library is optional.  I don't
know if you need all of the libraries reported by ldd for the program
to run successfully.  Seems the functions in this missing library
ensures a single window is ever open; hopefully it is optional?  :-)

If this is a dead end, try asking the developers; unless someone here
has a better suggestion...

Good luck!

Ray