Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 10.04 - kernel update snafu

On 2014-06-19 17:18, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:

run it through strace and see what it tires to do and fails.

OK, well thanks for that help -- I installed the library alread mentioned, and (slightly to my amazement!) the installer functioned. It has a really odd way of installing, putting a script in an icon on the desktop... but anyway, now the program itself stops with an error message:

"... error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6 "

I see that the package called libstdc++6 is already installed, so I have no idea what to try next... (help!)

http://bitrock.com/

Try `./MemSourceEditor-3.140-ubuntu-12.04.run --help` for options.
It tried to run in graphical mode, but dialog box was hidden
initially, so it looked like it stopped.

It said it installed, but actually failed (there was uninstall file only).

Oh boy... people have invented packages for this exact reason. (My
first job about 18 years ago was writing a "custom installer" in VB...
I hated it).

Kalin.