Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 13.10 clock problems (was: Ibus and Ubuntu based)

Raymond Wan writes:

 > Hmmmm...I don't remember very well, but I don't think there was a
 > "merge configs" option during the upgrade.

You mean there never is one, or you didn't see one for that particular
file?  If "never", that's a HUGE regression from Debian.

 > Or, maybe because one file has "UTC=yes" and the other has
 > "UTC=no", it is unable to decide which should be applied.

Debian has some scheme for determining whether and where a config file
was changed by the user.  If it was, it offers a 3-way merge (a la
merge(1)).  I really think that's the way it ought to be....

Steve