Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 13.10 clock problems (was: Ibus and Ubuntu based)

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley
<daniel.ramaley@example.com> wrote:
> Just in case it wasn't clear from the responses that have already been
> given, the problem is that Linux and Windows make different assumptions
> about the hardware clock. By default, Linux treats the hardware clock as
> being in UTC, while Windows treats it as local time.

Yes, but I think Chuck's point is that Ubuntu and Windows' time agreed
with each other fine before the upgrade from 13.04 to 13.10.  So, it
isn't just a matter of how Linux and Windows treats the time, but
maybe the upgrade of Ubuntu changed some setting.

I guess it silently replaced a configuration file?  I was looking at
what configuration files changed during the upgrade and none of them
seemed related to time...

Ray