Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On 8 October 2013 09:44, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

>> Gentoo, which I can no longer recommend to anybody, as the dependency
>> system has been continuously wedged for about a year.  I only continue
>> using it because I haven't wanted to bother with a full migration.
>
> I remember Josh was big on Gentoo back in the day....  OK - I'll steer
> clear of that then.

I'm still big on it, though I noticed the dependency issues Stephen
mentioned last time I tried to upgrade some stuff.

I wouldn't recommend Gentoo to the novice, however. Its strengths are
in allowing almost absurd amounts of customisation, which is
completely unnecessary to 95% of Linux users. :)

Cheers,
Josh