Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On 09/03/2013 07:14 PM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
Although I finally got Japanese input to work on my friend's computer, I
thought I'd try it on a test box (English language install), and now I
can't get it work again.  Here are the steps I've taken and their result:

Hi Lyle.
I just stumbled on this thread.  Was this you?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/138406/no-ibus-icon-in-kubuntu-12-04?rq=1
also:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/263888/unable-to-add-input-method-to-ibus-on-kde-anymore?rq=1

I noticed a couple of KDE/ibus problems reported too.

You might be interested in the thread in any case.

Steve S.