Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
> Out of time for a few days at least.  I'll get back to this next week sometime.

Still true, but I thought I'd see if Japanese input is working in any
application, and I've found a (very roundabout) way of entering
Japanese:

1) Start IBus via Applications > System > IBus Input Method Framework
2) Start the Kiten dictionary
3) [Ctrl]+[Shift]
4) Enter Japanese in the... definition bar (correct term?)
5) Copy-paste into other application.
6) これは、日本語なのじゃ! 万歳!

I might just leave it at this - for now - and (eventually) get back to
testing different things.  I mean... this kind of sucks, but all I
need is a way to input Japanese occasionally.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Lyle