Re: [tlug] The Android Has Landed

Alexei,

You're certainly paying enough for the phone, so don't hesitate to rattle their cages down at DoCoMo with this kind of thing.
Sure, I just wanted to check, maybe I'm missing something obvious here. And of course it's also my Linux (and Russian) mentality - usually I would rather go in and try to fix the problem myself than proceed in regular consumer way (and sometimes it gets me into various and interesting troubles :)
I can totally relate to that! I'm not used to being the customer who goes in and hands over a device and says "fix this because I'm paying you a ton of money!". I'm usually the customer who says "Last night I was up until three in the morning experimenting with settings on this thing, and I'm pretty sure I've solved it, but I need access to some other thing that most customers don't use, so I'm wondering if you can help me with some really obscure questions."

That would be very bad, but I think it should work and they (DoCoMo and HTC) are just being too cautious. I remember my Nikon D80 manual also stated that it only accepts 2 GB or so cards, but then it accepted bigger card with no problems whatsoever.

That's very encouraging. If I get a chance to test an 8 or 16 GB card, I will. If anyone else gets a chance, please let us other Android users know.

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G