Re: [tlug] First Android Phone in Japan release date announced

Shawn, Stephen,

Thanks for the explanations of jailbreaking. Sounds like an issue for those who are more willing to mess with their phones than I am.

I'll be happy to poke and prod it a bit if people want to know anything about it. But I'm not going to do anything that might brick it, because I do need to use it as my primary phone.

This is the most fan-boy-esque I've been about purchasing a device in a long time. Yesterday I was at the DoCoMo shop where they have display models, but the staff don't yet know the details of service plans or cost.

At the very least I confirmed that in the hand it looks and feels every bit as nice as an iPhone. If I had to judge on design, I have to admit, the iPhone would get the win. Apple has a great design team. But it's a close call. The HT-03A is sexy, especially in white.

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G